Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reunions!!!



A lot has happened since the last time anything was posted on our blog. Rory has a new job working for Big Brother Big Sister which she started in March. She loves it and is, as usual, doing very well! Rory and I have spent a lot of time apart due to my job. I left, shortly after the last blog entry, for a month of training at the Armpit of the earth, 29 Palms. I arrived home on September 12th, 2008 just in time for our anniversary! We celebrated by going on a dinner cruise on the San Diego Bay a few days later. On October 5th, 2008 I was deployed to Iraq where I spent 6 and a half months. I was scheduled to return on the 5th of May, but the date was pushed up a few weeks and I returned home on April 14th. As you can see from the picture above, Rory and I were once again together. During that time we definitely felt the love that exists between both of us. Nearly 7 months apart and the only change was our love had grown. We had grown together. Knowing that nothing could separate us far enough for our love to fade. Now we are back together and spending as much time together as possible. While on deployment, Rory took surfing lessons so that we could surf together when I returned. We bought surf boards 3 days after I had been back and have been surfing periodically since being back. It was really cool seeing her stand up on a wave the first time we went out. I began my post-deployment leave on Memorial Day weekend. We started the leave by taking a trip to Virginia for our friend's, Amy & Jeff, wedding at Virginia Tech. We were happy that we were able to attend and be there to see them both. That was basically a quick overview of what we've done since the last post, maybe we'll be able to keep up with it this time. There is less going on now, so we'll see! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Baby.Got.Craft said...

Thank you Matt!!!!!!!!!