Two years ago yesterday, September 12
th, Rory and I tied the knot in Washington, DC! Our lives really haven't been the same since! It has
definitely been a match made in heaven (and I'm even saying that after TWO YEARS!!!
Hehe!)! Anyway, in honor of our two year mark we thought we would have a great weekend together, which we did, and here's what happened. I took Friday off so that we could spend an extra long weekend together since I got back from 29 Palms late last year and we went to
Ihop for our Anniversary dinner, not this time! Friday night I made a special dinner for Rory, which consisted of Lobster Tails, Steak, and Grilled Artichokes! Dinner was great, but it was just the start to the weekend! First thing on Saturday we exchanged gifts, Rory bought me an Acoustic Guitar (which I LOVE!) and I bought her an aquamarine Neck

lace and Ear Ring set. The rest of the day was preparation for dinner. We arrived at
Melisse, a 2-Star Michelin rated french restaurant in Santa Monica, and an AWESOME night began! It was already awesome because we were together, but the food made it even better! We both had a four course meal that was beyond our expectations! I would go into detail about the food, but my
taste buds are still speechless! Also, I don't really know how to make food sound good besides putting "
Mmmm" behind it, and that just doesn't do it justice! Anyway, that was yesterday. Today was what we both had been looking forward to! We went to something that n
obody that I know has been to. We went to
Trapeze School! It was something that we had both seen on the pier in,Santa Monica, and had said we wanted to do. We hadn't thought too much about it, but a few weeks ago, Rory was sent an e-mail that had a coupon for a trapeze school in Escondido, so we decided to do it! It was the best decision that we have ever made! We spent around 5 to 10 minutes in ground school and then we started. We started out doing a normal swing to learn how it feels, it's actually quite a rush just swinging normally, but that's not all we would be doing! After just one swing, they taught us to swing and switch to holding on by our knees and then doing a 360 to dismount the bar. I felt like it was a pretty fast transition, but they were the professionals, at least I hoped! Now for those of you who don't know, the
Brosius family is actually related to P. T. Barnum from the Barnum & Bailey Circus, so I guess you can say that this is in our blood!!! Yeah......
Riiiight!
Ok, so after my first knee hang, the instructor told me to go to the side so that I could learn "The Plunge!" This isn't a name that I particularly liked considering we were swinging from a swing from 20-30 feet up in the air! It was actually not too different from the knee hang, except you just don't hold on by your knees to the bar. You hold on to the bar with your hands and with your legs above your head, you straighten your body. It's to set up a catch with someone on another swing as you leg go an "plunge" through the air towards the other person like a gigantic missile! That's basically how the artists there described it to me,
lol. We finished the day by being "caught" by another trapeze artist on another swing as we hung upside down from our knees! The pictures are below! It was one of the best experiences that either of us have had,
definitely in our adult life, but a
definite recommendation for those of you who would be interested in trying it out. It was a great weekend and we are proud to make it two years already! We are still madly in love and are looking forward to our next 80 to 90 years together, unless we decide to live longer, but we'll update the blog before then to let you know, :o)! Thanks!
If you can't tell, I'm on the right of this picture, and Rory is on the right in this one!

2 comments:
I am cracking up! Hay Matt - ask Rory...she will tell you how to write about food! :)
I am tired...I really meant Hey, not Hay...
Post a Comment